Book An Appoinment
At Family Dental Service, we provide professional and compassionate dental extraction services. Our highly skilled team of dentists, who specializes in oral surgery, understands that tooth extractions can be a necessary procedure to address various dental concerns. Here’s what you need to know about our extraction services:
Tooth extractions may be required for several reasons, including:
- Severe Decay: When tooth decay reaches an advanced stage and causes irreparable damage, extraction may be necessary.
- Gum Disease: Advanced gum disease can weaken the supporting structures of a tooth, leading to the need for extraction.
- Impacted Teeth: Impacted wisdom teeth or other teeth that are unable to fully erupt can cause pain, infection, and crowding, necessitating extraction.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Sometimes, tooth extractions are part of orthodontic treatment to create space for proper alignment of teeth.
- Trauma or Injury: Teeth that are severely damaged due to trauma or injury may need to be extracted if they cannot be saved.
Our dentists prioritize your comfort and will ensure that the extraction process is as painless as possible. Here’s an overview of what to expect:
- Evaluation and Examination: Our dentists will thoroughly examine your tooth, review your dental history, and take any necessary X-rays to assess the tooth’s condition and position.
- Anesthesia and Sedation: Local anesthesia will be administered to numb the area around the tooth being extracted. Depending on your needs and preferences, sedation options may also be available to help you relax during the procedure.
- Extraction: Using specialized instruments, our dentists will carefully and gently remove the tooth from its socket. The extraction technique may vary based on the tooth’s position and condition.
- Post-Extraction Care: After the extraction, our dentists will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for the extraction site and promote proper healing. Pain management recommendations and any necessary prescriptions will also be provided.
Following an extraction, our dental team can discuss tooth replacement options to restore your smile and maintain proper oral function. These options may include dental implants, bridges, or dentures, depending on your specific needs.